Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 8 ounces linguine
- 2 red peppers, cut in strips
- 1⁄2 lb sugar snap pea, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili paste
- 1⁄2 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup vegetable broth or 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 lb firm tofu, cut in 1/2-inch blocks
- 2 carrots, shredded with a vegetable peeler
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- Place red pepper strips and sugar snap peas in bottom of a colander, and drain cooked pasta over vegetables (this will slightly blanch vegetables).
- Heat oil in a medium-sized saucepan set over medium-high.
- Add ginger and garlic, and cook, stirring, 2 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, chili paste, peanut butter and broth; stir until smooth.
- Stir in tofu, and reduce heat to a simmer.
- Simmer for 6 to 7 minutes, or until sauce is thickened.
- Toss sauce and tofu with pasta.
- Gently stir in carrots and cilantro.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
This was really good!! My husband likes his spicy food a little sweet, so I added 1/3 cup honey - and a little extra broth to the sauce. We like to cook in double batches so we can freeze meals for later - but everyone wanted seconds so it was hard to reserve enough for another meal, lol. I think I might add onions next time, too - but that's just b/c we're really into onions and garlic here.