I always have a lot of chicken in the freezer and look for new recipes to make with it. This one fit the bill -- it's somewhat like a Chinese entreé and tastes great. Since it's a dish served at room temperature, it makes a nice summertime dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces thick spaghetti or 12 ounces linguine
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 4 medium boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1 1/2 lbs.)
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 small kirby cucumber, thinly sliced (4-6 ounces)
- 8 ounces shredded carrots
- 1 medium red pepper, thinly sliced
- fresh cilantro stem (to garnish)
- 1Heat large covered saucepot of salted water to boiling on high. Add pasta and cook as label directs. Drain pasta. Rinse under cold running water; drain again. (When making spaghetti, etc., pasta usually isn't drained. However, because this is served at room temperature the pasta is drained so it doesn't become gummy.).
- 2Meanwhile, in covered 12-inch skillet, heat garlic and 1 inch of water to boiling on high. Add chicken; cover, reduce heat to medium-low and cook 13-14 minutes or until chicken loses its pink color throughout. With slotted spoon or tongs, remove chicken from skillet and plaace in large bowl of ice water; chill 5 minutes. Discard poaching liquid. Drain chicken; with hands, shred chicken.
- 3While pasta and chicken cook, in large bowl whisk vinegar, soy sauce, peanut butter, water and ginger until smooth.
- 4To bowl with peanut sauce, addd drained pasta. shredded chicken, cucumber, carrots and pepper; toss to coat. To serve, garnish with cilantro.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Noodles With Shredded Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 418.2
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.3 mg
- Sodium 858.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 6.0 g
- Protein 29.7 g