Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
- 8 ounces broccoli
- 1 large carrot
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 8 green onions
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 medium crookneck yellow squash
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 10 ounces firm tofu or 10 ounces extra firm tofu
- 12 ounces spaghetti, cooked
- 1 cup roasted peanuts, lightly salted
Chinese Peanut Sauce
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup water, hot
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Heat peanut oil in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add ginger and stir 30 seconds.
- Add broccoli, carrot and celery and saute 5 minutes.
- Add white parts of green onions, zucchini, yellow squash, bell pepper and sherry and saute until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 3 minutes longer.
- Add tofu and stir gently until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Chinese Peanut Sauce: Mix peanut butter, soy sauce and garlic in medium bowl. Whisk in 1/2 cup hot water. Add remaining ingredients; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour or cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Makes about 1 3/4 cups.
- Place spaghetti in large bowl. Add Chinese Peanut Sauce and toss to coat. Transfer to platter.
- Top with vegetable mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts and chopped green parts of green onions.
I can't really review this recipe since I only made the sauce to go over noodles. It was a nice consistency but was a little too sweet for my tastes. It would probably have evened out with all the other ingredients. Next time I will reduce the sugar by half.