Recipe by ElizabethKnicely
Whip up the taste of takeout in your kitchen with this easy Asian dish. GOOD TO KNOW: Peanuts offer an abundance of good fats, like mono- and polyunsaturated. Using a reduced-fat peanut butter equals 68% less fat.
- 8 ounces fettuccine
- 2 cups chopped roasted boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 2 breasts)
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup natural-style peanut butter (such as Smucker's)
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Asian chili sauce
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat. Combine chicken and bell peppers in a colander. Drain pasta over chicken mixture; let stand 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat; add garlic and ginger. Cook 1 minute, stirring frequently; add water and next 4 ingredients (through chile sauce). Cook 1 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring with a whisk. Combine pasta mixture and sauce in a large bowl; toss to coat. Stir in onions and cilantro.