Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of my adopted recipes...I'm going to fix it up soon and will post the changes... Apparenty, it came from Southern Living magazine.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package soba noodles or 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded fresh carrots
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Peel cucumbers; cut in half lengthwise, removing and discarding seeds.
- Cut cucumber halves into half-moon shaped slices.
- Whisk together soy sauce and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; add cucumber, pasta, carrot and onions, tossing to coat.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This salad is a bit different than other Asian-flavor salads I have tried in that there is no oil in the dressing. It is fairly low fat, but the flavor and appearance are disappointing.