Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my adopted recipes...I'm going to fix it up soon and will post the changes... Apparenty, it came from Southern Living magazine.
- 2 large cucumbers
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup coconut milk
- 1⁄2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 ounce) package soba noodles or 1 (16 ounce) package angel hair pasta, cooked
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded fresh carrots
- 6 green onions, cut diagonally into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Peel cucumbers; cut in half lengthwise, removing and discarding seeds.
- Cut cucumber halves into half-moon shaped slices.
- Whisk together soy sauce and next 7 ingredients in a large bowl; add cucumber, pasta, carrot and onions, tossing to coat.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
This salad is a bit different than other Asian-flavor salads I have tried in that there is no oil in the dressing. It is fairly low fat, but the flavor and appearance are disappointing.