Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is fabulous cold or warm with Satay chicken skewers! Also it is easy and lower in fat that traditional noodle salads of this type! If you can't find soba noodles, any spaghetti or linguini will work. Because this is a low fat version, the salad will absorb the dressing. To loosen up the dressing after chilling, just add a little water or chicken broth.
- 1⁄4 cup reduced-fat peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 lb soba noodles
- 2 green onions, sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas
- Mix first 5 ingredients together in a large bowl until smooth. Salt and pepper to taste. Add carrot, green onions and frozen peas.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil with salt. Add noodles and cook until al dente. Reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain pasta. Pour hot pasta over peanut butter mixture. Use 2-3 tablespoons of the reserved pasta water to loosen up the sauce. Let cool, cover and refrigerate.