Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Tasty and peanutty and I don't have to take out my mixer for this so it's a bit quicker and easier. Recipe is from a Junior League cookbook.
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup shelled peanuts, chopped
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 350°, grease a 9-inch loaf pan.
- Spread 3 tablespoons of the butter over the bottom of the pan; cover with 1/4 cup brown sugar and chopped peanuts.
- Whisk the flour, soda, baking powder, and salt together.
- Melt the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter with the peanut butter.
- Beat the egg until frothy and beat in the 1 cup brown sugar gradually; stir in the peanut butter mixture and the buttermilk.
- Mix this liquid mixture with the dry ingredients but do not beat; pour the batter over the brown sugar topping and bake 1 hour.
- Cool in the pan 10 minutes, then invert on a rack.