Recipe by hollyfrolly
A fantastic spicy-peanuty-limey noodle salad found on the ever-so-great Mean Chef web page. A few steps to follow but so worth it. It's enough to feed a crowd who will certainly devour these delicious noodles! Hooray, Mean Chef!
Top Review by Slim PA
Loved it! We are SO going to add some fresh heirloom tomato to this recipe this summer. Nice, light, and kid-friendly too (I omitted the serrano). The veggie possibilities are endless in this salad. We served this with Recipe #320129. Thanks so much for sharing Holly! Made for PAC Spring '09.
- 453.59 g spaghetti, al dente
- 2-4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 14.79 ml grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 44.37 ml fresh cilantro
- 22.18 ml unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 44.37 ml fresh lime juice
- 22.18 ml rice vinegar
- 22.18 ml soy sauce (I like Tamari)
- 7.39 ml light brown sugar
- 158.51 ml canola oil
- 14.79 ml sesame oil
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In salted water, boil spaghetti noodles to al dente and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine everything except the oil.
- Once combined, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Pour into a bowl and set for at least 1/2 hour for flavors to develop.
- Toss all ingredients together (saving a tablespoons each of scallions, bell pepper, peanuts and sesame seeds to sprinkle on top of salad as garnish).
- Toss all ingredients with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor the salad.
- Garnish with extra ingredients.
- Best served at room temperature or cold.