Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 min
A fantastic spicy-peanuty-limey noodle salad found on the ever-so-great Mean Chef web page. A few steps to follow but so worth it. It's enough to feed a crowd who will certainly devour these delicious noodles! Hooray, Mean Chef!
- 1 lb spaghetti, al dente
- 2 -4 scallions, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- roasted peanuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 serrano chili, minced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons soy sauce (I like Tamari)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 2⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- salt, to taste
- In salted water, boil spaghetti noodles to al dente and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine everything except the oil.
- Once combined, slowly drizzle in the oil until emulsified.
- Pour into a bowl and set for at least 1/2 hour for flavors to develop.
- Toss all ingredients together (saving a tablespoons each of scallions, bell pepper, peanuts and sesame seeds to sprinkle on top of salad as garnish).
- Toss all ingredients with just enough dressing to moisten and flavor the salad.
- Garnish with extra ingredients.
- Best served at room temperature or cold.
Loved it! We are SO going to add some fresh heirloom tomato to this recipe this summer. Nice, light, and kid-friendly too (I omitted the serrano). The veggie possibilities are endless in this salad. We served this with Recipe #320129. Thanks so much for sharing Holly! Made for PAC Spring '09.
Absolutely delicious. Amazing how the ingredients complimented each other. This took very little time to put together and I found it very easy to make. Thank you for posting this recipe. Made for PAC, Spring 2008
GREAT Veggie lunch or supper for a late summer meal!!!