Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
From Kraft magazine. The cooking time also includes cooling.
- 4 baker's unsweetened chocolate squares
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla, divided
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter (at room temperature)
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
- PREHEAT oven to 350°F Line 13x9-inch baking pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides of pan; grease foil.
- Microwave unsweetened chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minute or until butter is melted. Stir until chocolate is completely melted. Add granulated sugar; mix well.
- Blend in eggs and 1 teaspoons of the vanilla. Stir in flour until well blended. Spread into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 minute or until wooden toothpick inserted in center comes out with fudgy crumbs. (Do not overbake.) Cool in pan on wire rack.
- BEAT peanut butter, powdered sugar and remaining 1 teaspoons vanilla until well blended.
- Spread over brownie.
- Microwave semi-sweet chocolate in microwaveable bowl on HIGH 2 minute Stir until chocolate is completely melted.
- Drizzle chocolate from spoon over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate 30 minute or until chocolate is firm. Remove brownie from pan, using foil handles.
- Cut into 36 brownies to serve.