Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These were served on a Purim party. They were grabbed up by children and grown-ups alike. I finally managed to get the recipe. It can be doubled, tripled......
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 4 teaspoons butter or 4 teaspoons margarine
- 2 cups crispy rice cereal
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 ounce melted baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon peanut butter
- Line an 8 x 8 inch pan with baking paper.
- Heat the peanut butter, corn syrup, sugar and butter in a saucepan over low heat while stirring.
- Combine rice cereal and peanuts in a bowl.
- Pour hot mixture over top.
- Stir well to coat evenly.
- Press in the prepared pan.
- For the frosting, mix melted chocolate with peanut butter.
- Let cool in refrigerator and cut in 25 squares.
Fabulous. I made this on Friday night and then AGAIN on Sunday night - it was such a hit. Friday night I made it according to the recipe but on Sunday I replaced the peanuts with peanut butter chips - also very good.