Recipe by Annisette
Posted this recipe for Zaar World Tour 2006. From one of my African cookbooks, highlighting Senegal, the peanut capital of the world. Cooking and prep times are approximate, and don't include freezing the ice cream.
- 1 (14 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 (14 ounce) can condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- In 2-quart saucepan, immerse the unopened can of evaporated milk in boiling water to cover, and continue boiling for 20 minutes.
- Chill the can thoroughly for several hours, along with a 2-quart metal bowl and egg beater.
- Using the chilled egg beater, whip the cold evaporated milk in the cold bowl.
- Add lemon juice and sugar.
- In a 3-quart bowl, combine peanut butter, condensed milk, and milk.
- Fold the whipped mixture carefully into the peanut butter mixture until smooth.
- Pour into freezer trays or into a 6 cup mold and freeze.