Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found these because I gave up chocolate for Lent this year and I wanted something sweet. I made this without the chocolate, and added chocolate at the end to half the mixture for my wife. We both loved the results. The recipe says 4 dozen, but I make them bigger so I get about 2 dozen.
- 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1 1⁄4 cups creamy peanut butter (I use reduced fat Jif)
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate piece
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place rolled oats in a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- Toast oats in oven for 15 minutes; Remove and cool.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate, honey, butter or margerine, and salt.
- Heat over low heat, stirring occasionally, till mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Add toasted oats and mix thoroughly.
- Drop by teaspoonfulls onto waxed paper; chill until firm.
- Store in refridgerator, covered tightly.