Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a fast, healthy snack the kids can make.
- 1⁄4 cup crushed wheat flake cereal (about 1 cup uncrushed)
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup nonfat dry milk solid
- nonstick cooking spray
- Reserve two tablespoons crushed cereal.
- Mix honey and peanut butter.
- Gradually add nonfat milk, mixing well.
- Spray hands with non-stick cooking spray and shape into 1/2 inch balls.
- Roll ball in reserved cereal.
- Chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Store in refrigerator.
Made this on Christmas morning to give away as gifts in cute little baskets with red and green bows, in the evening. I used raisin bran cereal(minus the raisins) as a substitute for the wheat flake cereal, an additional tablespoon of honey and 1/4 cup more of Nido powdered milk. Turned out fine; made about 10 of these(1 inch each). The kids I gave them to enjoyed them. Merry Christmas!
YUM! These were gone in about 5 minutes flat. I rolled mine into about 1" balls, and the recipe made 11. I used crushed corn flake cereal, and that worked out great! Excellent treat for my boys this afternoon and also fairly healthy. They both LOVED these and so did I. I only chilled them for about 20 minutes because the boys just couldn't wait any longer to try them. Maybe next time I will make them in the evening after they've gone to bed and let them chill overnight. We WILL be making these again I'm sure!
These were great. I didn't have any flake cereal on hand at all so I used some Rice Krispies. I crushed them up a bit to add to the balls. But left the ones I rolled the balls in whole. I loved them! Next time, I would like to try some Frosted Flakes!