Recipe by Elise and family
Quick and easy, this sauce works well for vegetarian stir-fry, or for dipping veggie rolls in. For a stir-fry, you may want to double the amounts so you can use some for cooking and leave some uncooked to drizzle over the finished product just before serving. I usually use this for a stir-fry of tofu, carrots, and bok choi, served on a bed of Basmati rice.
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons tamari
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chile
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour Tamari into a small bowl. Add warm water.
- Add peanut butter and smush carefully until well-blended.
- Add chilis.
- Chop and add ginger. Add black pepper. Stir well.
- Add to stir-fry as it cooks, in several small amounts (about a teaspoon at a time). Drizzle the remainder over the vegetables and rice just before serving. (The cooked and fresh ginger make a nice combination, we find!) Enjoy!