Recipe by MizzNezz
Gingery chicken with a fruity salsa. Needs to marinate for at least 12 hours. I do it the day before.
Top Review by Daphne2002
This is the same recipe I use (other than using chicken breasts instead of thighs) and it produces wonderful results! The fruit salsa is an excellent match for the chicken. Very impressive dish to serve guests
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup chili sauce
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons grated gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup chopped fresh fruit (peaches, plums, pears, apricots etc, whatever you like)
- 1 cup seeded chopped cucumber
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons snipped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chicken and pat dry, place in deep bowl.
- In small bowl, gradually stir hot water into peanut butter (the mixture will stiffen at first).
- Stir in chill sauce, soy sauce, the 2 T oil, the 2 T vinegar, garlic, ginger, and cayenne.
- Pour over chicken; turn to coat; marinate in the refrigerator for 12-24 hours.
- Turn occasionally.
- In med bowl, combine the chopped fruit, cucumber, green onion, cilantro, sugar, the 1 T oil and the 1 T vinegar.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Remove chicken from marinade; discard marinade.
- Broil, 8 inches from the heat for 15 minutes, turning often.
- Bake at 350* for another 25 minutes.
- Place chicken on plate, spoon salsa over.