Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had an urge for some carrots and ginger as comfort food and this is what I came up with. Now I can't stop eating it.
- 3 carrots
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh ginger
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Thickly julienne the carrots. I slice each carrot into 3 large chunks and cut the chunks lengthwise into 4-6 slices.
- Add ginger, water, onion and lemon juice to a pot and begin to simmer.
- Add carrots and then pepper and salt. Stir and coat the carrots in pepper.
- Add peanuts.
- Cook over medium heat until carrots are lightly cooked all over. You want them and the peanuts to keep their crunch but get coated in lemon, pepper, salt and ginger.
- Serve hot or cold.
Very tasty! I left out the onion and reduced the amount of salt and pepper but other than that I followed the recipe. The only change I would make is to use less ginger next time. We had it warm and it was lush! Thanks for posting