Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanuts, finely chopped
- powdered sugar (to dust)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- In a large bowl, beat butter at medium speed until smooth.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar; then increase speed to med-high and beat until fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time, beating until fluffy.
- Add vanilla.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture, stirring until well blended.
- Stir in peanuts, stirring until well mixed.
- Drop heaping tablespoons of dough about 1" apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Use your hand to flatten the tops slightly.
- Bake until set (12 minutes).
- Let cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheets, then transfer to a wire rack to finish cooling.
- Dust cookies with powdered sugar.
- Store in airtight container.