Prep 3 mins
Cook 12 mins
A big part of healthy cooking includes the quality of the ingredients you choose. Look for low fat and low sodium items, but above all, look for organic and natural foods. Or, grow your own! This version of fried rice is chock full of nutrients, especially vital minerals.
- 4 ounces broccoli florets, broken up into smaller pieces
- 1 medium carrot, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 leek, sliced thinly
- 1⁄2 cup yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup shelled peas
- 1 cup mustard greens, shredded
- 1 cup rice, day-old
- 1⁄4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, shelled
- 1 teaspoon tahini
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low-sodium peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon light coconut milk
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red curry paste
- Mix sauce (last 7 ingredients) together in a blender so it's ready to go.
- Saute broccoli and carrots in 2 tbsp of water for 3-4 minutes.
- Add leek and pepper and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add peas and greens and cook 1-2 minutes.
- Add rice, seeds, and nuts, and cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes, stirring constantly, then serve.