From Nancy Clark. Cook time is the time for the bars to harden.
Make and share this Peanut Energy Bars recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted salted peanut
- 1⁄2 cup roasted sunflower seeds (or more peanuts or other nuts)
- 1⁄2 cup raisins (or other dried fruit)
- 2 cups uncooked oatmeal, old-fashioned or 2 cups uncooked instant oatmeal
- 2 cups toasted rice cereal (Rice Krispies)
- 1⁄4 cup toasted wheat germ (optional)
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl, mix together the first five ingredients, plus the wheat germ if desired, and set aside.
- In a medium microwaveable bowl, combine the peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup; microwave on high for two minutes. Add vanilla and stir until blended.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the dry ingredients and stir until coated.
- For squares, pour the mixture into an 8 x 8-inch pan coated with cooking spray; for bars, spoon it into a 9 x 13-inch oblong pan. Press down firmly. (It helps to coat your fingers with margarine, oil or cooking spray.).
- Let stand for about an hour to harden, then cut into squares or bars.