An unexpected mix of flavors and textures, sweet and savory.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Peel and quarter bananas lengthwise.
- 3Heat 1 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp oil in a 12-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- 4Sauté banana slices, 1 minute per side or until golden.
- 5Remove from skillet and reserve.
- 6Rinse flounder with water and pat dry.
- 7Sprinkle with the cumin.
- 8Dust with salt and pepper (to taste).
- 9In a shallow bowl, beat egg and 1/4 tsp salt.
- 10Spread peanuts in a shallow dish (reduce salt to 1/8 tsp in egg mixture if using salted peanuts).
- 11Dip each flounder fillet in the egg mixture, and dredge immediately in the peanuts.
- 12Add remaining 1 tbps butter to skillet, heating until melted but not brown.
- 13Sauté the fillets for 3 minutes on one side.
- 14Flip fillets, topping them with banana slices, and sauté for 2 minutes more.
- 15Sprinkle fish with lime juice and transfer the skillet the 450°F oven.
- 16Bake the fish for 5 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 17Serve with lime wedges.
- 18Nicely accompanied by fruited rice or couscous.
Browse Our Top Sole and Flounder Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sole and Flounder Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut-Encrusted Flounder W/Sauteed Green Bananas
Serving Size: 1 (428 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.4
- Calories from Fat 452
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 13.9 g
- Cholesterol 217.9 mg
- Sodium 472.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 14.8 g
- Protein 44.1 g