Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Orange roughy, haddock, cod or tilapia can be subsituted for the catfish.
- 1 lb catfish, fillets or nuggets
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon cajun seasoning (or Old Bay seasoning)
- 1⁄4 lb salted peanuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine the milk and the seasoning.
- Soak the fish fillets/nuggets in the seasoned milk for 15 minutes.
- Combine the finely chopped peanuts with the flour.
- Drain the fish pieces and then coat well with the peanut and flour mixture.
- Place the fillets on a greased cookie sheet and spray the fish with non-stick cooking spray or drizzle with melted butter.
- Bake the fillets at 400°F for about 15 minutes, or until the fish easily flakes with a fork.