1/1 Photo of Peanut Curry Corn
boy named Sous's Note:
Yummy, crunchy, sticky, low cal, low fat (if you use "Better than Peanut Butter") popcorn recipe that I came up with in desperation one day in response to getting soooo sick of air-popped popcorn made with butter spray and Parmesan cheese, my old diet standby. I know this sounds odd, but try it!-- It's yummy!
My Private Note
HUGE se ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1I use 1/2 cup unpopped corn kernels to make about 8 to 10 cups of popped corn in my air-popper. I use a LARGE plastic bowl to pop into.
- 2In a microwave safe cup, put the peanut butter ( I use "Better than Peanut Butter" with mine. It's half the calories and like 75% less fat. It's too sweet in my opinion for PB&J sammies, but it is really great in this!).
- 3Add sambal (add more if you like it spicier, or less if you're a wimp) to the peanut butter along with enough water (teeny bit!) to thin the peanut butter, not too runny though! Should be a creamy and thick. Stir with a table knife, not a fork.
- 4Microwave the cup of P. Butter and Sambal for about 30 seconds.
- 5With rubber gloved hands (Hot!) gently fold the P. butter mixture onto the popcorn. It's messy, and sticky and it seems impossible without crushing all the popcorn, but trust me, it does work. Just keep grabbing some in your hand and working it through the popcorn GENTLY. Remember work it into popcorn in the bottom of bowl too.
- 6As it cools it turns into little clusters of popcorn-ball like sticky sweet spicy yumminess!
- 7A nice cold beer goes great with this!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Curry Corn
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 221.1
- Calories from Fat 86
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 76.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 8.2 g