Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a recipe from a friend who actually grew up in Africa though this is definitely a more Thai-inspired dish. I like it because it's easy and quick and uses ingredients I usually have on-hand. Adjust the curry according to your taste. I usually use less because of some wimps in the family... ha ha.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 tablespoon curry paste
- 1 teaspoon chili sauce
- 1 lb chicken, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons crunchy peanut butter
- frozen vegetables (optional)
- Heat oil.
- Add curry and chili sauce. Cook for one minute.
- Add chicken and stir fry until golden (about 4 minutes).
- Add remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil.
- Simmer 8-10 minutes until slightly thick.
- Serve with rice and lemon wedges.