Prep 35 mins
Cook 5 mins
From Martha Stewart.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for baking sheet
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted peanuts
- 3 slices white bread, torn into small pieces
- coarse salt
- 2 large eggs
- 4 (6 -8 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 1⁄2 lbs asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest, finely grated
- Preheat oven to 475*.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil, lightly oil, and set aside.
- In a food processor, pulse peanuts and bread until coarsely ground.
- Transfer to a wide-rimmed medium bowl; whisk in oil, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoons pepper.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs; season generously with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken, and turn to coat.
- One piece at a time, dredge in peanut breading, gently pressing onto chicken; transfer to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned and just cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- While chicken is baking, cook asparagus in a large saucepan of boiling salted water until tender, 3 to 4 minutes, depending on thickness.
- Drain and transfer to a bowl along with butter and lemon zest; season with salt and pepper, and toss to combine.
- Serve chicken with asparagus.
Great recipe. substituted the white bread for half a package of ritz crackers. I also used salted roasted peanuts so I omitted the salt from the recipe. Next time I'm going to use catfish instead of chicken! Loved this