Prep 2 mins
Cook 12 mins
simple fast topping
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup half-and-half cream
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄3 cup chopped peanuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Melt butter in a medium saucepot.
- Stir in the brown sugar and half and half and peanut butter.
- Stir over low heat until smooth and beginning to come to a boil.
- Stir in the peanuts and vanilla.
- Serve warm.
- Makes 2 1/2 cups topping.
My DH loves peanut butter, so it was no surprise that this was his favorite of the 4 different ice cream toppings I made for a family get together. I did do one thing different: I used crunchy peanut butter instead of smooth peanut butter and then adding peanuts. It is delicious! Thank you for posting!
Oh, my!!!!! how delicious, andypandy!! Goofed and served over Chocolate ice cream for taste, YUM!!!!, not for photo-worthiness--booo hiss. Was a wonderful topping for ice cream...and will enjoy the left-overs tomorrow-again-over Chocolate ice cream...no photo this time. YUM X 2!