Recipe by Tams' Kitchen
My mom always made this for us growing up, it's gone very quickly around our house.
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla custard powder
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 1 cup crushed corn flakes
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup melted butter
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 3 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix rice krispies, cornflakes and peanut butter together, stir well.
- Combine brown sugar and corn syrup in saucepan and heat until sugar dissolves.
- Mix with cereal mixture.
- Line 9x13 inch greased pan with this mixture, allow to chill in fridge for one hour.
- Mix together the melted butter, vanilla powder, and milk, blend in the icing sugar and spread this paste over the chilled cereal layer in the pan.
- Melt 3 tablespoons of butter and 3 squares of chocolate together and stir well.
- Spread over the vanilla custard layer.
- Chill and cut into squares.