Recipe by Kimke
Delicious alternative to the traditional peanut butter cookie. Looks beautiful with melted chocolate drizzeled over it.
- 8 tablespoons softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup shelled salted peanuts
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted and cooled (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a baking sheet.
- In a bowl, cream the butter and sugars with an electric mixer until the mixture is light.
- Add the vanilla extract and egg.
- Beat well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and peanuts.
- Blend well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of batter, 2 inches apart, onto the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until the cookies are light brown.
- Drizzle the melted chocolate over the cooled cookies.
- Store in cool, dry place.