Recipe by CoffeeB
A crispy cookie chock full of peanuts. YUM!
Top Review by Sydney Mike
Made these very delicious cookies as given in the recipe, no additions & no modifications, & along with several neighbors, we made short work of the whole batch! The few we had left were great the next day crumbled over a bit of chocolate ice cream! [Tagged & made in Please Review My Recipe]
- 2⁄3 cup shortening
- 1 1⁄3 cups brown sugar, packed
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups salted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, baking soda and salt.
- Gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Fold in the peanuts.
- Drop by teaspoonfull 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until browned and almost set.
- Centers will be soft.