Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Crunchy with peanuts, this recipe comes from the Southern chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 cup peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease baking sheets.
- Cream butter with sugar until fluffy; add milk, egg and floursifted with salt and baking powder.
- Chop 2/3 cup peanuts very fine and add to dough.
- Drop by teaspoonsful on prepared baking sheet, top with remaining peanuts and bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.