Recipe by Happy Harry #2
There is a similar recipe here by KITTENCAL but mine is different enough to share with you also.
- 2⁄3 cup margarine (can use butter)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter (I used creamy)
- 1 cup nuts, chopped (peanuts* or walnuts)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Coat a 10x15 lipped cookie sheet lightly with vegetable oil. Set aside.
- Melt margarine and mix with the vanilla, peanut butter, and salt until light and fluffy. Don't hurry this step.
- Add flour and beat in until smooth.
- Stir in chips.
- Spread mixture over cookie sheet evenly. I put it all in the middle of sheet and use a glass to roll it out.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts, pressing them into the mixture.
- Bake 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place hot cookie sheet on flat surface. Cut cookies while HOT! Let cool in pan.
- * use blanched peanuts.