Recipe by Jellyqueen
I was asked to make cookies for a youth rally at church. It was a last minute thing and I didn't have time to make a grocery store run, so I pulled out the old recipe books and this is my version of one of the recipes I found that would work with the ingredients I had on hand.
Top Review by Maryland Jim
Great cookie. Made these last night with the thought of bringing them in to work for a treat. My wife who loves peanuts got into them and the rest is history. The peanuts could be substituted with just about any nut, next time I'll try pecans!!
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar (either dark or light)
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped honey roasted nuts
- 1 cup flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Add butter, egg and vanilla.
- Stir until well mixed.
- Blend in peanuts and coconut.
- Batter will fairly stiff.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12- 15 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes on cookie sheet, then remove to wire rack to cool competely.
- Cook time is per cookie sheet.