Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
An adopted recipe whose original intro stated: "This is very versatile. You can use it as a dip for vegetables, egg rolls etc, a marinade for chicken or as a salad dressing. Adjust thickness accordingly." Originally posted by Mean Chef.
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 sprigs fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- In a food processor, thoroughly blend peanut butter, peanut oil, red wine vinegar, soy sauce, and lemon juice.
- Mix in garlic, cilantro, red pepper flakes, and ginger.
- Process until smooth.
- Cover, and refrigerate until serving.
This was wonderfull! My guests were on diets, so I served fresh veggies with avariety of dips and it was a big hit. Actually, I added a lot more cilantro after tasting, mainly because I had a ginger dip prepared already and I thought it too similar. It was great before and after I modified it. A great basic and so easy to throw together. Thanks Mean!