crazy cook's Note:
This is Indianised version of peanut butter. Take my word and try this once and you will never ever regret it. But this goes only with idlis, dosas and uttapams.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over medium heat a tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
- 2Add the garlic and fry till light brown.
- 3Now add red chilli and peanuts. Fry till the.
- 4peanuts are roasted.
- 5Grind the fried peanut mixture along with
- 6tamarind paste and salt.Add 1/2 cup water and then grind to a smooth paste. Adjust the consistency of the chutney as per ones taste.
- 7To season heat a tsp oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds once it crackles add urad dhal and curry leaves,fry till dhal is golden brown. Remove and pour it over the chutney.
- 8The chutney is ready to be served with idlis or dosas or with any Indian savoury pancake.
Browse Our Top Grains Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Chutney for Idlis and Dosas
Serving Size: 1 (51 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 236.3
- Calories from Fat 175
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 299.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 10.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: