Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is Indianised version of peanut butter. Take my word and try this once and you will never ever regret it. But this goes only with idlis, dosas and uttapams.
- Over medium heat a tbsp of oil in a frying pan.
- Add the garlic and fry till light brown.
- Now add red chilli and peanuts. Fry till the.
- peanuts are roasted.
- Grind the fried peanut mixture along with
- tamarind paste and salt.Add 1/2 cup water and then grind to a smooth paste. Adjust the consistency of the chutney as per ones taste.
- To season heat a tsp oil in a pan, add the mustard seeds once it crackles add urad dhal and curry leaves,fry till dhal is golden brown. Remove and pour it over the chutney.
- The chutney is ready to be served with idlis or dosas or with any Indian savoury pancake.