Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
What a flavour combination: pretzels, chocolate and peanut butter!
- 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup evaporated milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup chopped pretzel
- 1⁄2 cup salted peanuts
- 1⁄2 cup chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, combine brown sugar, evaporated milk and butter; bring to a boil and cook, stirring constantly, until thickened and smooth (about 5 minutes); remove from heat.
- Stir in peanut butter and vanilla, then blend in the remaining ingredients.
- Drop from a teaspoon onto wax paper and chill until set.
This a keeper! Excellent seller for the holiday bake sales. A Big THANKS for this one.
OK. I admit to not being the most adept chef on the face of the planet. However, I tried this twice (once with help from the g/f) and both times it didn't work at all. I heeded CaymanDesigns warning and made sure not to overcook the mixture, but whenever I added the rest of the ingredients it would become crumby. I would have to add a ton of melted chocolate just to keep them together and coming out of the fridge they are hard as rocks. I will try to blame this on my own lack of experience, but I doubt we are going to try to make them again.
I can't imagine giving these anything but a five. The sweet and salty combination is just perfect. I would make these all the time but I think that would just cancel out all the time I have been spending at the gym:(.