Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a Taste Of Home Magazine. Great taste and super Kid friendly.
Make and share this Peanut Chocolate Whirls recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- In a mixing bowl, cream shortening, peanut butter and sugar.
- Add egg, milk and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Turn onto lightly floured surface; roll into a 16 inch by 12 inch rectangle.
- Melt chocolate chips; cool slightly.
- Spread over dough to within 1/2 inch of edges.
- Tightly roll up jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for up to 30 minutes.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4 inch slices.
- Place 1 inch apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.