Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
I'm posting this in response to a request. The original recipe came from LAND O LAKES. Pretty decadent. Enjoy!
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups brown sugar (packed)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup salted peanuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
- Melt margarine in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat (3-5 minutes). Remove from heat.
- Beat the eggs in a small bowl and "temper" them (continue beating) with some of the slightly cooled, (but still melted), margarine to avoid scrambling the eggs. Pour the egg-margarine mixture back into the saucepan and add the sugar and vanilla.
- After blending the previous ingredients, add the flour, baking powder and salt. Mix well.
- Gently stir in the chocolate chips and the peanuts.
- Spread the mixture into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, (do not overbake).
- Allow to cool completely and then cut into bars.