Prep 25 mins
Cook 23 mins
This luscious dessert is cut into 24 pieces so partygoers can come back for seconds.
Make and share this Peanut Chocolate Parfait Dessert - Cindy Underwood recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package Pillsbury Plus Devils Food cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup margarine or 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (5 1/4 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling, mix (6-serving size)
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1 (1 1/2 ounce) milk chocolate candy bars, chilled, grated
- Heat oven to 350. Grease & flour bottom only of 13x9 inch pan.
- In large bowl, combine all base ingredients except 3/4 cup peanuts; beat at medium speed until well blended.
- Stir in 3/4 cup peanuts.
- Spread evenly in greased & floured pan.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE.
- Cool completely.
- In small bowl, combine powdered sugar & peanut butter at low speed until crumbly; set aside.
- In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk, whipped topping & pudding mix; beat 2 minutes at low speed until well blended.
- Pour half of cream cheese mixture over cooled base; spread evenly.
- Sprinkle with half of peanut butter mixture.
- Repeat layers with remaining cream cheese & peanut butter mixtures. Sprinkle with 1/2 cup peanuts; gently press into filling.
- Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Cover; refrigerate or freeze until serving time. Store in refrigerator or freezer.