Recipe by Courtly
From a Pillsbury Bake-Off. IMO, peanut butter and chocolate is one of the best flavor combos!
Top Review by robingracejohnson
I made this for our dessert for this week; it is DELICIOUS!!!! Chocolate peanutty crust with a creamy filling (kinda cheesecake like!), and a nice crumbly peanut butter topping! If you are a peanut butter lover, you will LOVE this!!!! The only thing I did differently was I didn't put the chocolate shavings on top; I somehow overlooked the chocolate candy bars in the recipe and didn't get them while we were at the grocery store. I did however have some chocolate syrup that I drizzled over top which I feel served the same purpose. Next time I will buy the chocolate candy bar to make shavings over top. I will definately make this again!
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) package devil's food cake mix with pudding
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 3⁄4 cup peanuts
- 3⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 (8 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package instant vanilla flavor pudding and pie filling or 1 (5 1/8 ounce) package vegetarian instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup peanuts
- 1 5⁄8 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, chilled, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350. Grease and flour bottom only of 13 x 9 inch baking pan. In large bowl, combine all crust ingredients at medium speed until well blended. Spread evenly in greased and floured pan. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE. Cool.
- In small bowl, combine peanut butter, and powdered sugar at low speed until crumbly; set aside. In large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk, whipping topping and pudding mix; beat at low speed 2 minutes until well blended. Pour half of cream cheese mixture over cooled, baked crust.
- Sprinkle with half of peanut butter mixture. Repeat with remaining cream cheese and peanut butter mixtures. Sprinkle with 1/2 cy of peanuts; gently press into filling. Sprinkle with grated chocolate. Cover; refrigerate or freeze until serving time. If frozen, let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. Store in refrigerator or freezer.