Recipe by m0m
Easy,and wonderful! It is hard to believe so little effort tastes so good! The basic recipe is from one of those little cookbooks sold near the grocery store check out...My recipe card dates this recipe 1994. I serve this with brown rice, but white rice or noodles would be tasty, too.
Top Review by Chef Tweaker
High rating for how easy everything comes together and for ingredients that are already in the pantry. I found the final flavor a little lacking though. The canned tomatoes didn't have time to soak up any of the other flavors. Next time I will use skinless meat and maybe add the tomatoes just after browning the meat. At the step where the tomatoes are normally added I would add some chicken broth to keep the liquid ratio. Hubby usually doesn't like spice so I omitted the chilis altogether but this time he said he missed it. I may use chili oil because I can gauge better how much to use.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken parts, use your favorite,boneless thighs work well
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons chunky peanut butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, to taste
- chopped peanuts, to garnish (optional)
- cilantro, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook chicken through until no longer pink.
- This will probably take 30 to 40 minutes depending on size of chicken parts.
- Remove chicken from pan.
- Set aside.
- In the same skillet, add the remaining ingredients.
- Stir and simmer 3 minutes.
- Return chicken to skillet.
- Cook 2 minutes, turning chicken to heat through and cover with sauce.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro, if desired.