Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Flavorful stir fry that kids'will like too.
Make and share this Peanut Chicken Stir Fry recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup green pepper, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 cup hot cooked rice
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, and broth until smooth.
- Stir in the peanut butter, soy sauce, ginger, and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large skillet,stir fry chicken in 1 1/2 teaspoons oil for 3-4 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove with a slotted spoon, and keep warm.
- Stir fry onion and peppers in remaining oil for 3-4 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, stir fry for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp tender.
- Add garlic, cook 1 minute longer/.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture, and add to the pan and bring to a boil.
- Cook and stir for 2 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add chicken, heat through.
- Serve with cooked rice.
Delicious and easy...even without the mushrooms.
Very Simple and tasty recipe. this recipe would also work well with beef and pork. Made for Football Pool season 2012 week 12 win.
Nice quick and easy stir-fry! I made 2 small changes: I had some zucchini that needed using so put that in place of the mushrooms, and I used crushed red pepper flakes instead of black pepper. The peanut sauce was just great with the chicken and veggies. Thanks for sharing the recipe!