- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 2 boneless skinned chicken breasts, cubed
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- chopped dry roasted peanuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- Sprinkle chicken with 1/2 tsp salt.
- Whisk together chicken broth and next 7 ingredients; set aside.
- Heat oils in a large nonstick skillet or wok over high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot.
- Add chicken, and stir-fry 5 minutes or until chicken pieces are browned and no longer pink inside.
- Add peas, bell pepper, and remaining 1/4 tsp salt; cook 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Stir chicken broth mixture, and add to skillet; bring to a boil.
- Cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice; garnish, if desired.
- Serves 4.