A tasty recipe from Cooking Light.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked soba noodles (about 4 oz. uncooked)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- lime wedge (optional)
- 1Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- 2Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- 3Remove chicken from pan, and discard peppercorns, bay leaf, and cooking liquid.
- 4Shred chicken, place in a large bowl.
- 5Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through salt), stirring with a whisk.
- 6Pour over chicken, let stand 5 minutes.
- 7Add soba noodles and the next 4 ingredients (noodles through chopped basil) to chicken mixture, and toss well.
- 8Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with lime slices if desired.
Browse Our Top Asian Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Asian Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Chicken Soba Salad
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 169.0
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 34.2 mg
- Sodium 441.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: