Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A tasty recipe from Cooking Light.
Make and share this Peanut Chicken Soba Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups water
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon chili-garlic sauce (such as Lee Kum Kee)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups cooked soba noodles (about 4 oz. uncooked)
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 4 teaspoons chopped dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- lime wedge (optional)
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a medium saucepan; bring to a boil.
- Cover, remove from heat, and let stand 15 minutes or until chicken is done.
- Remove chicken from pan, and discard peppercorns, bay leaf, and cooking liquid.
- Shred chicken, place in a large bowl.
- Combine vinegar and next 5 ingredients (vinegar through salt), stirring with a whisk.
- Pour over chicken, let stand 5 minutes.
- Add soba noodles and the next 4 ingredients (noodles through chopped basil) to chicken mixture, and toss well.
- Sprinkle with peanuts and garnish with lime slices if desired.