Recipe by JackieOhNo!
Another great time-saving meal. If you can't find bok choy, savoy cabbage has a similar mild flavor and can be used instead.
Top Review by Bayhill
Delicious! We loved the subtle, sweet peanut butter sauce in this dish. It really complimented the slight bitterness of the bok choy. I love that it went together very quickly allowing me to get dinner on the table in a hurry. **Made for Culinary Quest 2016 - Thailand for the Pi Rho Maniacs**
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons apricot preserves
- 2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 1⁄4 lbs boneless skinless chicken breast halves (thin-sliced)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1⁄4 lbs bok choy, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/8-thick slices
- 1⁄3 cup sliced scallion
- 2 cups cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine peanut butter, preserves, teriyaki sauce and water; reserve. In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add chicken; cook, turning once, until browned. Sprinkle with garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Add bok choy, carrots and scallions; cook until softened. Add peanut mixture; cook, until thickened, about 5 minutes, and chicken is cooked through.
- Serve over rice.