Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an awesome item to serve at a summer dinner party or tropical themed party. I whipped up this salad for the annual Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville Party. Sweet to the taste and very refreshing. The presentation will sure to get comments from your guests. Very quick to make and can be prepared in advance allowing you plenty of time. Top of with a salty bread and your favorite frozen concoction for a full meal deal.
- 2 ripe pineapple
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken breasts, fully cooked and cut into cubes
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1⁄4 cup spring onion, coarsely chopped (green part only)
- 1⁄4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in halves
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon apple jelly or 1 tablespoon orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 cup dry roasted peanuts, for garnish
- Create 4 pineapple boats from the pineapples by cutting the pineapple (+leaves) in half.
- Remove the flesh of the pineapple leaving a hollowed shell to be used as a serving dish.
- Remove the core from the pineapple flesh and cut the pineapple into small bite sized pieces.
- Combine pineapple, chicken, onions, celery, carrots, red pepper mandarin oranges and grapes into a mixing bowl.
- Combine the ingredients for the dressing in another bowl and mix with a whisk until evenly blended.
- Salt and pepper the dressing to taste.
- Combine the dressing and chicken mixture, folding gently but thoroughly until evenly coated.
- Divide mixture into the four pineapple boats.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Garnish with peanuts just prior to serving.