This is an awesome item to serve at a summer dinner party or tropical themed party. I whipped up this salad for the annual Jimmy Buffet Margaritaville Party. Sweet to the taste and very refreshing. The presentation will sure to get comments from your guests. Very quick to make and can be prepared in advance allowing you plenty of time. Top of with a salty bread and your favorite frozen concoction for a full meal deal.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 ripe pineapple
- 1 1/2 cups chicken breasts, fully cooked and cut into cubes
- 2 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/4 cup spring onion, coarsely chopped (green part only)
- 1/4 cup sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup mandarin orange, drained
- 1 cup seedless grapes, cut in halves
- 1Create 4 pineapple boats from the pineapples by cutting the pineapple (+leaves) in half.
- 2Remove the flesh of the pineapple leaving a hollowed shell to be used as a serving dish.
- 3Remove the core from the pineapple flesh and cut the pineapple into small bite sized pieces.
- 4Combine pineapple, chicken, onions, celery, carrots, red pepper mandarin oranges and grapes into a mixing bowl.
- 5Combine the ingredients for the dressing in another bowl and mix with a whisk until evenly blended.
- 6Salt and pepper the dressing to taste.
- 7Combine the dressing and chicken mixture, folding gently but thoroughly until evenly coated.
- 8Divide mixture into the four pineapple boats.
- 9Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- 10Garnish with peanuts just prior to serving.
Browse Our Top Fruit Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Chicken Salad in Pineapple Boats - Party Food
Serving Size: 1 (644 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 538.1
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 4.8 mg
- Sodium 470.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 14.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: