Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a delicious recipe, closest type of cuisine I can classify it as is Thai. Regardless, it's a great recipe, of course you have to really like peanuts. It is also good with tofu instead of chicken, just cube the tofu, and add to the peanut sauce directly. Enjoy!
- 9.85 ml vegetable oil
- 118.29 ml very finely chopped sweet onion
- 3 chopped scallions
- 5 clove garlic, minced (or use a garlic press)
- 118.29 ml creamy peanut butter
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml fish sauce
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 1.23 ml ground cayenne pepper
- 354.88 ml coconut milk
- 2 limes
- 680.38 g chicken breasts
- 680.38 g fresh spinach, leafs steamed
- 118.29 ml finely chopped red bell pepper
- 118.29 ml finely chopped green bell pepper
- In a large frying pan, heat oil over medium-high heat.
- Add onions, scallions, and garlic and cook until onion is tender (about 5 minutes).
- Reduce heat to medium and add peanut butter, brown sugar, fish sauce, paprika, juice of limes, and cayenne pepper.
- Stir into a smooth sauce, then add coconut milk in 4 parts, stirring into a smooth sauce again.
- Heat sauce to boiling, then reduce heat to low and allow to simmer stirring occasionally.
- In a large pot, heat enough water to completely submerge chicken to boiling.
- While water is heating, trim chicken of fat and slice into 1/2 inch wide by 2 inch long pieces.
- Add chicken to boiling water and allow to cook just long enough to completely cook chicken (should be no more than 10 minutes).
- Remove chicken from water and add to peanut sauce, also adding steamed spinach and bell pepper.
- Mix thoroughly, and increase heat to medium.
- Allow this to cook 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and ladle over plenty of white rice.
Needed to use extra chicken breasts tonight and found this. I had everythng already and it was AWESOME! Great flavor, easy easy easy to make and not only did my husband love it...so did my twin 20 month olds...absolutely loved it! Definitely going to be a regular dish on our monthly menus! Thanks for posting Kevin!
This was wonderful!! I was concerned that the preparation was going to take a long time but it wasn't long at all. Also, the whole fish sauce thing had me a bit freaked out. I'm happy to say that it was well worth it. I will make this again, fish sauce and all! Thanks!
This was a very good recipe. My husband and daughter thought they would like it even better with some curry powder in it, so I added about 1 tablespoon. I served this dish with Shortcut Sticky Rice (#105013), and Thai Cucumber Sauce (#29196). I had a very happily family. YUM!