Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A $200 winner in Better Homes and Gardens magazine.
Make and share this Peanut Chicken(Or Beef) Bowl recipe from Food.com.
- 6 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 3 cups mixed vegetables, cut bite size (broccoli, sweet pepper strips, snow peas, sliced carrots, squash, etc.)
- 1 1⁄4 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter (or cashew)
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 cups cooked chicken, chopped chopped (ground or whole) or 2 cups cooked beef, chopped (ground or whole)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, sliced and drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can bamboo shoots, drained
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts (or other nuts, like cashews)
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion
- Set aside 1 seasoning packet from noodles to use in recipe; save remaining packet for another use.
- In a large saucepan bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Break up noodles slightly and add to water along with cut up vegetables. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Boil gently, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Drain and return to saucepan.
- Meanwhile, for sauce, in a medium saucepan whisk together the 1 1/4 cups water, peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, cornstarch, crushed red pepper, and seasoning packet. Stir until smooth. Cook, stirring for 2 more minutes.
- Add chicken or beef, water chestnuts, and bamboo shoots to the sauce; heat through. Add to the nooodle mix in saucepan.
- Toss to combine.
- Top with peanuts or cashews and green onions. Serve.