Prep 40 mins
Cook 20 mins
Searching for something better than a boring beef burger? This peanut chicken burger gives you all of the great flavors of pad thai in a juicy burger right from your grill. Great topped with an asian slaw, peanut dressing, or a sweet chili sauce. Recipe inspired by Rob Rainford. Prep time includes time for the burgers to rest.
- 453.59 g ground chicken
- 44.37 ml peanut butter (I like chunky)
- 9.85 ml sugar
- 9.85 ml Tabasco sauce
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 118.29 ml fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 59.14 ml of fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh chives, roughly chopped
- salt and pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Shape into 4 patties and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat and brush with oil.
- Carefully place patties on the grill. Meat will still be a bit loose.
- Cook on one side of an open grill for 5-8 minutes, depending on the burger thickness.
- Turn burgers and cook on other side for an additional 5-8 minutes.
- Remove burgers from grill and tent with foil.
- Let burgers rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve on a bun with your choice of condiments.
These were very good. Even my picky husband liked them. I will be making these again. but next time will use real tobasco...this time I used the sweet asian flavored one and it didn't have enough kick so we ended up adding hot sauce to the finished product. Great flavor!
Yum! Loved this! Ended up eating the patties without the bun cause the flavor was so good I didn't want it to get lost with everything else. Used ground turkey and made on a stove top griddle. They would have fallen apart on my grill even though I refrigerated for several hours before cooking. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing! Made for PAC Fall 2008.